DEALER INSTALLED OFF ROAD LIGHTS WILL NOT WO

2003 Hummer H2

2003 Hummer H2 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

My dealer installed off road lights will not work; I can not find a relay for them, I have a good ground, and there is power at the fuse that was set aside for off road lights? I have tried replacing the switch with no luck? Am I missing something simple; should there be a relay somewhere in the system? Thank you for your time.

Sean
Peeled

There should be a relay in the system somewhere, there is no guideline on where to put it, it is up to the person installing the system. Is it an overhead light bar, or grill lights. The light bars were manufactured with some light wire, and I have seen more heat related problems that occur up in the light bar itself.

Factoryjack
Thanks for the quick reply; There are just two lights mounted on the brush guard where they ground. The power wire runs into the fuse box under the hood and it has 12vdc.

Thanks again,

Sean

Peeled
Check for the relay down under the dash by the park brake, out by the battery, or under the plastic housing around the fuse box. If you remove the bolts that hold the brace from the fender to the cowl, and remove the tree retainer push clip that holds the cowl trim, you should be able to get that container completely out. Usually the switch is located in the overhead console, there is not really any other place to hide the relay.

Factoryjack