STARTING PROBLEMS & LIGHTS DIM OUT

Honda Prelude

Hello everyone!

Recently I'm having a lot of problems w/my 2001 Honda Prelude after being serviced by a mechanic who I later found out is not licensed. Before the car was brought in for tune up service, my car was running find and nothing wrong with it. After the tune up serviced, I started having problems starting my car. The engine will eventually start running after several attempts. Before I can get my car to start, it would make a loud grinding noise. Last, but not least, while driving at night my lights would dim out, cd-player power shut down (approximately 5 seconds) and come back on. I have already replaced new battery, and starter but still encounter the same problems. Any answers you can give me would greatly be appreciated since I have already spent almost $1,000 at the mechanic shop.
Hondaprelude2001

The dim lights sound like an alternator. I don't know what the mechanic did but it sounds like he did a valve adjustment and got the valves too tight. Let me know.

Losone
Thanks! Yesterday, a mechanic took a look at my car and he suggested that I should replace the distributor and the starter. I advised him that starter was replaced about two weeks ago but he still insisted that I get another one. He said the grinding noise cause by the starter and the dim lights is cause by the distributor. After hearing horrible stories about mechanics trying to make high profits on their clients, I have decided to consult w/at least 4-5 mechanics before agreeing to the service repairs.

Hondaprelude2001
Only an idiot would say dim lights are caused by a distributer--there is no connection-good idea on the amount of mechanics

Losone