RIGHT AXLE SEEMS BENT

1998 Honda Prelude

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1998 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 166000 miles

Hi. I recently bumped my car at around 30 mph onto the curb while it was raining and my alignment was slightly thrown off as well as a clicking noise coming from that side. I recently checked under the car and seemed to notice that the right axle was slightly bent and well as the rubber covering was ripped. Was wondering how much it would cost to have this problem fixed? And also if you would recommend driving like this for about a week to gather up some money for costs. Thanks.
Mario25

I don't recommend you driving it. The axle itself cost about $260.00 and 1hr to R/R total costs varies wih location/labor rate could be $70-$130.00 per hr.

Wow that's much more expensive than I expected to hear. Is it really that difficult to replace that part? I've seen the piece online for around 60 dollars. And I wouldn't mind doing the job myself as long as I have the tools necessary to change it correctly.

Mario25
Get a repair manual and apply that DIY skills its not that hard

Any clue what kind of tools it would require to remove the old axle and replace it with the new one?

Mario25
So my alignment is thrown is off still. I had all the srews and lug nuts replaced and the axle wasn't bent actually when I did that it seemed that way when the tire was attached. I just noticed that the boot for the axle was ripped. Could that or the alignment be causing the clicking noise?

Mario25