CAR DIED LOST ALL POWER WHILE DRIVING 60

1998 Honda Prelude

1998 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 171000 miles

My 1989 Honda Prelude just died while driving home from work going 60 mph. I had gone about 10 miles. The car didn't overheat and nothing seemed wrong before that. It just lost all power, but lights and heat continued to work. When I got stopped it souned like something bubbling under hood and draining like fluid. It was dark so I couldn't tell for sure. It didn't smoke a lot just a little steam from hood. I got it towed. I just went by shop and we tried to start it. It will barely try to crank, oil looks fine, anti freeze/water looks empty. The guy at shop didn't have time to look at it yet but said weird, like it is locked up? Any ideas?
Anna1975

Hi anna1975,

Symptoms seems to indicate the engine has overheated though the gauge did not show. If the vehicle was towed within a short time, the overheating could have caused the engine to be tight resulting in the slow cranking.