SMOKEY EXHAUST, SMELLS BUT NOT LIKE COOL

1997 Honda Prelude

Smells problem
1997 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

just got motor rebuilt on previously turbo'd 97 prelude. Bored, resleeved, blueprinted, pistons, rods, crank, cams, springs, retainers, valves, port/polish, 750cc injectors, fuel rail, intake manifold, throttle body. Basically the works. Stock ecu in for break in purposes. Just put 1000 miles on for break in, had shop that did work go over it n change fluids n everything looked fine. Tp sensor went bad today so I went to replace it, no one has part so itll be here tuesday. I put the bad one back on, put the throttle body back on n started the car just for laughs, idled fine no visible problems. Car was runnin so I drove up the street to get cigs. When I arrived and parked, a thick white/gray smoke poured out the exhaust, constantly. I know the smell of burning oil and coolant n this wasnt either. Almost smelled like 4th of July about 2 min after fireworks show. So I drove it the 1/4 mile back home with no visible exhaust out the back, but sure enough when I parked. Cloud of death. Don't see how it could be related to tp sensor and REALLY hope its not the rings, block, or head gasket on my brand new motor. Goin to shop that did work on Monday but any input would be GREATLY appreciated
97turbolude

Hi there,

not sure on this one, the smell is what is strange, I would want to see an exhaust read out, just to see what is happening internally, if your mechanic has a good 5 gas analyzer I would be starting there.

Mhpautos