OIL CONSUMPTION

1997 Honda Prelude

1997 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 96500 miles

I used a synethic blend for my car. I recently did an oil change and after a 1000 miles I had to add oil, a quart and a half. I see no oil spots in the driveway. I see no leakage around the oil filter. I notice some on the engine block but not a substantial amount to indicate the amout missing. Help?
Artdlg69

It may not have been filled completely at the last oil change, or it's burning it in the combustion chamber. Notice any smoke?

Merlin2021
I checked it after I did the oil change and it was at the proper fill line on the dipstick. And no I haven't noiticed any smoke at all of any color. This engine purrs, so I don't understand what's going on.

Artdlg69
Never used oil before? Try going back to non-synthetic oil and see what happens

Jack42
Can you go from synthetic back to regular oil? I thought regular oil breaks down faster than sythetic?

Artdlg69
How long has it been on synthetic? Did it use oil before?

Jack42
Its been about 3 oil changes and I was told when I purchased the sythetic oil, I couldn't go back to regular oil once you started using sythetic. Maybe I shouldn't have listened?

Artdlg69
I dont see why you couldnt go back to regular oil. If it didnt burn oil before, I would go back for sure. I have seen engines leak on synthetic, but not on regular oil

Jack42