CLUTCH PROBLEM

1985 Honda Prelude

Hey guys.
I drive an '85 prelude. When I bought it (1 week ago) the clutch was fine, I actually had good things to say about the clutch. I was driving around, and shifted to 4th gear. I noticed I was going 35mph in 4th at 5000rpm, and that was accompanied by a burning smell. I shifted down to 3rd and everythign was fine again. About 10minutes later, I went for 3rd gear, and coudlnt find it. Shifted back to 2nd, couldnt find it. Ever since then, the car has acted as if the clutch was engaged all the time.

It did NOT slip days or weeks before that, as a typical case of clutch problem usually occurs. It happened in all of about 10-15mins.
85preludeee

Isn't that a cabled clutch? Check the cable tension. There is a cable tightner on the cable right at the transmission. By adjusting it you might get the clutch back for a little while. You are headed to a clutch replacement but it may get you by for a while.

Bruce Hunt