ENGINE MAKING NOISE. (LIK

2000 Honda Passport

Noises problem
2000 Honda Passport 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98,000 miles

I have a 2000 Honda Passport and I bought it new back in 2000.

Since like 2 years I been having problems with it. I was having fuel tank problems and it took forever to get that fixed. When I fill up the gas the gas meter would show full and soon as I drive off from the gas station like half mile the gas meter shows empty.
That was my first problem that cost me alot of money to get it fix and I had to for passing the inspection.

The other issue that I am having is when I turn the engine on I hear this sound from the engine and it sounds like jet trying to take off.
When I start driving the sound gets so loud.
Sometimes it goes away, Sometimes it never does that and drivers smooth.
But even when it drives smooth and lets say I stop and drive again the jet sound starts.

I took it to the dealers, so many mechanics for this but no one can fix the issue.

Is there any fix for this? Engine making so much noise (a jet sound)
Bhavesh

Just about every Honda Passport, Izuzu Rodeo that I have heard running, sounds like this. I have one myself and it sounds the same. I would not worry about it. It is a very common for these motors to be noisy. If Honda would have made their own motor for the passport instead of slapping an Izuzu motor in it, maybe we would not have this problem.

Merlin1052