TRANNY OR CLUTCH?

Honda Other

Last night was driving my car and I missed third gear. After that it was kinda grinding and was real shakey at first on take off. Then it kinda shook it off. Now every time I take off in the low rpm range in any gear its real shakey kinda of feels like its grinding unless I give it good gas. Other than that it reaches it rpms but feels like its holding back kinda then somtimes it fress up. Its usually real loose and the rpms race up real quick with ease in neutral. I have a gsr tranny. Coes ne body know the problem? Thnx in advance
00hondacivic

Sounds like a broken third gear syncronizer in the tranny. Drain the tranny and inspect the fluid. If you have metal pieces epecially brass go look for another tranny. Make sure you put the correct fluid back in the tranny. It is NOT the clutch

How many miles on the Honda?

Good luck

Losone
The motror has about thirty thousand had a swap done two years ago.

00hondacivic
The deal is its not grinding its chattering vibrating when I take off but it still hitting rpms normally only on the take off it does the chattering. Is this still the transmission?

00hondacivic
Chattering is normally a clutch but it started when you hit 3 gear sans clutch. As I said before, service the tranny by changing the oil. Look at the fluid, it is going to be a big factor. If it is full of metal them you know it's the tranny.

Put the energency brake on solid, put tranny in 2nd gear and let out the clutch without stalling the engine and see if you get chatter. Then try 3rd gear and then 1st gear. Don't burn the clutch. If it is a clutch, all 3 will react the same with the same chatter if not tranny.

Losone
I did what you said and it does the same thing in every gear. Guess its the clutch

00hondacivic