MODELS AIR CONDITION AIR BLOCKS

2008 Honda Other

Air Conditioning problem
2008 Other Honda Models Manual 19000K miles

Hi, I have a problem with the Air Conditioning of my new Honda City 2008, 1.3 Manual (19,000 KM). The problem also is not replicable at will, I cannot repeat the problem infront of the Car Agency in Egypt (Honda Egypt). The problem is that after driving for a while (around 2 hours) at noon mainly (around 12 to 4 pm, at which the sun is too strong), suddenly the air flow becomes lower and lower, until it totally blocks. I hear the sound of air inside, but no air flow comes out of it. I went to the agency many times, first time they cleaned the filter, same issue occurred the same day. I went then after 5 days, they told me that they checked the Freon, and found its pressure was too high, so they reduced it. Even afterwards, the same problem now occurs. I have a workaround, to close the A/C button to turn off the compressor, then the air-flow begins to flow normally again after 2 to 3 minutes (the agency told me that this happens becuase the Air freezes and transforms into ice, thus blocking the flow of air). I have no idea what to do, please help me. I can't believe this happens after 7 months, I am really scared the Air conditioning stops after the 3 years warranty and I have to pay a lot of money to fix it.
Fadi_abadir

Hi fadi_abadir,

You are experiencing what is termed as frosting of the evaporators/cooling coil.

Do not set the thermostat to maximum and check for outside air leaking into the cabin.