MODELS ABS LIGHT ON ALL THE TIME AND CAR L

1998 Honda Other

Brakes problem
1998 Other Honda Models Engine Size unknown Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Hi My ABS light started coming on al. The time. The garage said it was OK and that I could drive it as the brakes still worked just not the ABS. I drove for a year like this. They now say that I must have it fixed and that it illegal to drive like that. (I am in the UK).

Another problem is that the car loses power and stops and then when I start it again it is OK. This has happened 3 times just recent. I have left my lights on 3 times this year and had a jump start with jump leads. The garage said that I should not jump start as it messes up the computer. I have had a new ABS sensor put on and everything seems OK when they check it with the computer.

I am taking in on Monday so I am really worried. I am a pensioner and it is costly. It is otherwise a marvellous car.
J.Eitrem

Have you tuned it up? Try cleaning out the throttle bore (around the butterfly)with carb cleaner and arag, that should help stabilize the idle. Is the ABS light still on?

Jack42