99 ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT COME ON BEFORE DYING

1999 Honda Odyssey

Our 99 Honda Odyssey has 140,000 miles on it and has been having problems for a while. It would die while we were driving (the clock and radio were not affected) and then it would start back up. One day, after getting gas, it died completely (battery and all).
After replacing the battery (bad cell) we thought it was fixed. The next day, it died again (a few times). We took it back to the shop (it died on the way there!). They drove it and couldn't get it to die and didn't find any problems. They said it " fixed itself". Well, it has been a few months, and it is dying again (almost daily). It starts back up after one or a few tries. We have noticed that right before it dies, the ABS and Parking Brake light both light up.
Any help? Thanks!
Mommykeleher

Dash light illumination at stall is usually normal. I question the alternater, but suggest that since the problem is common now, take it back to the garage and let them diagnose it.

I know your post was a long time ago. About your honda dying. But I was wondering if anyone figured out what was wrong because my car does the same thing. Its not just dash illumination like the other guy suggested. Its only the abs light. And the car shakes when that light comes on. Sometimes it dies when that happens and wont restart. But it ONLY dies when the abs light is on. The abs light can be on for a long time before it dies.
Took it to the mechanics twice. They told me the same thing. They cant find whats wrong with it and it must have fixed itself. Because it runs fine for them. I take it home and it dies again. So I bring it back and this time they say its a valve. They fixed it. This morning it died on my way to work and wouldnt restart. No one seems to know whats going on. SO I thought since you seemed to have a similar problem maybe you can give me an idea. THANKS : )

Chanmo
I know this was posted a year ago, hope you got the problem fixed however if you didn't or someone else stumbles upon this forum. Hre is a suggestion that I am persuing.I suggest that you all review that recall updates on the 99 odyssey.I have one that has been doing the same exact thing. I checked out (electrical problems on 99 honda odyssey) on line and got alot of recall info. That could be your solution good luck!

Maxfam