CAR SHAKES WHEN I HIT BRAKES

2006 Honda Odyssey

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2006 Honda Odyssey 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 41100 miles

My Honda minivan was in a side impact accident which smashed the sliding door (and did minor damage to the other two panels on the driver side). This was fixed but now I notice that the steering wheel shakes fairly violently when I hit the brakes at high speeds (> 70 mph). Just prior to the accident, I had two new front tires put on so it might have started before the accident, but I did not notice.

I did have an insurance claim and the door was fixed, should I take it back to the shop b/c the shaking?

Thank you for any advice.
Maraholton

Ok first some info please. How hard did it hit? Did it push the vehicle sideways? I am thinking that maybe in the accident it may have damages a tie rod end either an inner or an outer and some how it was missed during the repair. I would first move the tires have them rotated front to back and see if it goes away if so then it is the tires that were on the front. If not then you need to lift the front off the ground and see if there is any play in the tie rod ends. Lift one side at a time that way it won't relay from the other side and try to turn the tire by hand at the tire, shake it left to right and if it moves alot then on of the tie rods are bad on that side. Let me know how it goes ok.

Racefan966