REAR WINDOW VENTS

2004 Honda Odyssey

2004 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 54000 miles

Both stopped working. The right is partially open. I do hear a relay sound when I engage the switch. The On/Off on the door is on.

The manuals says the motors have a circuit breaker. There is a reset procedure in the manual which does not help. I found some 7.5 Amp fuses in the Driver's side fuse box. They seem both to be okay.
Hsargent

Need to check fuses 7, 8 15, 16. If allok, there are open and close relays for both windows. You will need to find them(behind left and right rear trim panels) verify red/white wires haev power to the relays. If so tets the motors to see if they are getting power to open, then close

Jack42
I did check fuses. I hear relays near the vents. One vent does respond some but not all the time and all the way. Which panel exposes the motors? My book did not show.

Hsargent
Mitchell doesnt specify either. Just says r/l rear trim panels. I would suspect it to be the ones directly under/behind the windows. Once you get tot eh relays, test for the trigger when trying to open/close them, this will tell if it is a relay, motor or switch problem

Jack42
I'm not sure this will help you, but this page was a high google hit for " odyssey window fuse", so maybe it will help the next guy who comes looking.

My haynes manual instructs that the 03 & 04 models might require a power window control unit reset when the battery is disconnected or other power loss (e.G, pulled window fuse or disconnected wiring to window controls).

- turn ignition off
- turn ignition on
- fully open driver window by pressing auto down; when it opens the whole way, hold auto down for 2 seconds.
- fully close driver window by pulling up; when it is closed the whole way, hold up for 2 seconds
- if it still doesn't work repeat the procedure

Danpritts