MISFIRING

2002 Honda Odyssey

2002 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110525 miles

Hi, My 2002 Honda Odyssey EX-L had a timing belt replaced and now check engine light is on. The code are telling that all 6 cylender are misfiring. Would you please tell me why the engine is misfiring? I've checked the timing marks twice and infact took the belts off and re-installed after varifying the timing marks and one teeth was off from the rear camshaft and I fixed it and its still misfiring? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Zaheer786

Hi zaheer786, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation and selecting us as your auto repair site Feel free to ask questions at anytime.

Engine misfiring can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel.

How does these problem can occure, like engine misfiring after replacing timing belt. The engine was fine and there were no check engine light present before working on the timing belt. What caused this problem to occured? What do I need to focus on able to solve this matter? Thanks!

Zaheer786

Zaheer786
If the valve and ignition timing is properly set, I recommend you check the engine compression both dry and wet tests and check wiring connectors that were disconnected if its properly fitted and for lose connections also start checking what I've suggested and comeback with some testing results

Have you check for faulty ignition coils?