HONDA ODYSSEY LUG NUT PROBLEM

2000 Honda Odyssey

Suspension problem
2000 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 76,000 miles

need detailed steps to replace 2 front wheel studs on driver side. They broke during lug nut removal
Dave Schaeffer

Hi Dave,

Jack up front wheel and put safety stands after loosening lug nuts.
Remove wheel.
Remove brake calipers and mount.
Remove rotor.
Remove CV joint central nut.
Knock damaged lug stud out.
Install new lug nut and tap in as much as possible.
Use lug nut with spacer to pull the lug nut into final position.
Reverse removal procedure to complete.

Note : When tightening the CV joint central nut, tighten and release a few times to allow the hub to be fully seated before final tightening.

Your answer is only partially correct. Most procedures state one needs to remove the strut completely. Question. Does it (strut/yoke) have to be completely removed to gain access to the 4 bolts the attach the hub/bearing assembly to the strut/yoke thats bolted to the upper shock frame, lower ball joint, and the tie rod. Note that I stated the front axle. Dave

Dave Schaeffer
Any procedure that says you have to remove the strut is wrong. You only need to disconnect the strut lower pinch bolt for easier access. Removing the knuckle is as recommended in standard procedures but I don't remove the knuckle assy as disconnecting the lower ball joint is sufficient to allow you to remove the CV joint and gain access to the holding bolts.

I am talking from experience.