COOLING FAN NOT WORKING

2001 Honda Insight

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Honda Insight Front Wheel Drive Manual 175000 miles

had to replace my radiator cause electrolysis ate it up from the inside out, now my cooling fan is not getting power to it ( this is a 3 cyl. Car ) what can be causing this short of a broken or burnt wire?
Dch1963

Hello –

Try checking the fan motors first.
FAN MOTOR
Disconnect 2-pin connector from fan motor. Connect battery power to either fan motor terminal. Connect ground to other fan motor terminal. If fan motor does not operate, replace motor.

If that checks good, then check the relays………..

RELAYS
1. Remove radiator and condenser fan relays. On Accord, Civic, CR-V and S2000, condenser and radiator fan relays are located on vehicles left side inside underhood relay box near firewall. On Insight, condenser and radiator fan relays are located in underhood fuse/relay box right front inner fender. On Odyssey, condenser and radiator fan relays are located on vehicles left side inside underhood relay box. On Prelude, condenser fan relay is located on left front inner fender, and radiator fan relay is located on vehicles left side inside underhood relay box near firewall.

2. On all models, connect battery power to relay terminal No. 3, and connect terminal No. 4 to ground. See Fig. 2 . Continuity should be present between relay terminals No. 1 and 2. No continuity should be present when battery power is disconnected.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_2_122.jpg

Let me know what you find.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hello –

I was able to locate one other pic for you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_1_184.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS
Well after testing the fan, wiring, relay, thermal switch & computer. I found that the circuitry inside the computer that controls the fan is burnt. And since i'm not going to replace the computer on this car a third time, the remedy for me is a 15' peice of #10 and a lighted toggle switch ; )

Dch1963
Hello –

Okay……. Sounds like a fix to me…………. Glad you found the problem and the fix…….

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS