THERMOSTAT, COIL AND CLUTCH, COMPRESSOR

2003 Honda Element

2003 Honda Element Manual 112, 00 miles

My Honda Element started to overheat and the Thermostat was replaced at a dealership repair shop I was unfamiliar with. The next week the air conditioner stopped working, and when I turned the air off, I heard a loud grinding sound. So I took it to the dealership I bought the car from. They replaced the coil and clutch. Within 24 hours the problem had returned. I was told the compressor is to blame and needs to be replaced. The dealership is replacing the second coil and clutch for free. My question is the thermostat repair in anyway responsible for the compressor going out? Can I expect any other domino problems to occur?
Phudel

HI there,

Thank you for the donation,

There will be no connection between the thermostat and the A/C compressor failing, about the only thing that you may notice it that the A/C would not be as efficient if the engine was over heating, also A/C will cause weak and defective cooling systems to over heat as they at\re an extra load on the engine and develop a fair amount of heat as well that the cooling system must deal with as well.

Mhpautos