SHIFTER WON'T MOVE INTO GEAR

Honda Del Sol

I have a 1994 honda Del Sol with 150k and have a problem shifting onto gear when first starting up. I have noticed this for about a month. After the car warms up, I can shift normally in high and low speeds without complications. Today I couldn't shift into gear without grinding after the car warmed up for 10 minutes. The clutch pedal seems to have 2" of play before it engages and upon past start-ups the clutch pedal must be depressed to the floor board. The master and slave cylinders are full. I need advice what else to check?
thanks
Rickwood

I am not trying to ridicule you but the master is on the firewall of the engine housing and the slave has no resevoir. The master will be the smaller of the two on the firewall and the other is a master for the brakes. Now it is possible that you have a small leak or air in the clutch system. Down near the slave unit on the tranny housing will be a bleeder. This is a two person job. You need to see if there is air in the clutch system and get it out.

Bruce Hunt
If you are going to bleed it anyway. Spend a few dollars for some new Brake fluid and flush the fluid completely. That way you eliminate fluid failure as the potential problem.

Lithiumus