DASHBOARD TURNS OFF, THEN ENGINE STOPPED WHI

2000 Honda CRV

2000 Honda CRV 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 130000 miles

While driving down the interstate my dashboard turned off after I heard a " click" on the right side of my car in the engine compartment. After driving with my dashboard off for a couple miles a long beep sound occurred. My engine then seemed to turn off because when I pushed on the gas it wouldn't accelerate. I had to turn it off and turn it back on in order for it to run correctly. This problem has happened several times since then. I recently pulled some fuses out and adjusted the battery cables and since then the problem hasn't occurred, but I am afraid it will happen again.
George Allen

Hi George Allen,

Thank you for the donation.

Problem is due to an intermittent power supply failure and if the fuses and wires that you have pulled and reinstalled, then the problem would have been solved.

However if it is something else, then the problem would reoccur.

The ignition switch is known to cause such problems as it intermittently fails. There was a safety recall on the item and you could call your nearest dealer for a confirmation.