SHAKING '93 AND FLASHING BATTERY LIGHT

1993 Honda Civic

Hi, I have a Honda Civic 93 ~230 000 kms.

On the 3/4 way on the highway to home, I noticed that my acceleration isn't as good as what it used to be (might be because I drove at 150km/h up hill and the car overheated?). Well after that hill, my acceration was going very slow even if I floored the pedal.

and once I enter the town to a stop light, the battery light was flashing and caused the motor to stall (and the car was shaking really bad). So I decided to park somewhere and to let it rest for half an hour. Afterward, I started my car, the car was shaking a lot and the battery light flashes on low rev (like under 1500 rpm when you brake). And the sound of the engine isn't smooth at all, like a puttt puttt puttt.

Any idea what it's causing that? I've tried to changed the spark plugs but it isn't working.

thx

EDIT : Btw. It's a manual transmission
SummerStudent

You have a typical problem with Honda and other cars. Find the leak in the coolant. Could be the radiator, hose, etc. Engine overheating is a major problem, it causes the computer to perform badly and the loss of power is associated with that.

Bruce Hunt