SLOW START ON COOL MORNINGS

Honda Civic

I have a 1994 Honda Civic. Lately, it starts rather slowly on cool mornings. I've checked this site for similiar problems, but it seems that others have problems on hot days. It usually stutters for about 4-5 seconds before the engine turns on. The lights stay on until that moment. I've purchased a new battery already. Any ideas? Thanks.
Angelj19

Tune-up done in a while? I was thinking that the plug wires could be a factor, but it could be other things as well.

Bruce Hunt
Yes, I had a tune up recently. I had one after this problem started. Then it was suggested that I get a new battery, which I did. I also have 193,000 miles on the car. Thanks.

Angelj19
When the air is warm but the car has been turned off as long as on the cool days does it still start harder on the cool days and pop right off on the warm days? Probably don't get a check engine light either.

Check the coolant level to ensure it is filled to capacity and when it is warm, crack open the bleeders to let out any air in the system.

Bruce Hunt
It seems to me that when those mornings where the air is warm it starts okay. It's only on those mornings where it is rather cool that it hesitates. No, I've never gotten an engine light lit. It runs fine after those initial 4-5 seconds in the morning. I'll check the coolant though. Thanks again.

Angelj19
What was the tune-up comprised of? What did they do?

Bruce Hunt
I had the spark plugs and wires changed. He also changed the valve cover gasket. Someone mentioned to me about changing the distributor cap, but I can't remember if he did that. I'll have to locatea my receipt and see if that was included. Thanks again.

Natalie

Angelj19
Was the timing checked?

Bruce Hunt
I don't think so.

Angelj19