CHECK ENGINE LIGHT / BRAKE LIGHT STAY ON

Honda Civic

Our 1997 Honda Civic LX (the mileage on our car is 82,188) was parked for a week while we were on a trip. When we returned and started the car the Check Engine Light was on. So we checked the oil and fluids and found that the oil was below the low mark, we put oil in the car and now our check engine light will not go off. We recently had the car inspected before this incident and the inspector said we had a transmission problem. Since we don't have one what else could cause the light to come on and stay on. Everything was fine before it stayed park for a week. And our brake light will come on and stay on when ever it wants, Please help we are stumped. Thanks : evil:
Urqui5

Try clearing the check engine light, I don't remember the fuse you full. You can pull the positive battery cable off and leave either of these off for a minute and replace. But pulling the battery cable will possibly cause the radio to need the anti-theft code put in. Break light comes on. Exterior or dash. If it is the exterior brake lights I would say your brake pedal switch is out of adjustment. Interior on dash brake light could be from emergency brake sensor or low brake fluid.

Bruce Hunt