94 REVING ALL THE TIME WHEN NOT DRIVING

1994 Honda Civic

I have a 1994 Honda Civic Ex. I have aftermarket headers and exhaust, and some transmission work that has been done to it. However It started to Rev by itself several weeks ago it revs from about 1000rpm to 3000rpm. I have replaced Idle Air Control Valve, and the Map Sensor. Oxygen Senson, Sparkplugs, Sparkplug wires and it is still reving can you tell me what is wrong or maybe whatelse I can try?

D16z6
150000miles
Manofsteele02

Check the coolant level and purge the air from the system. Next is to try for vacuum leaks, hoses, etc.

Had any intake manifold work done. Could be a crack or a manifold gasket that is leaking.

Bruce Hunt
How do I purge the air from the system?

Manofsteele02
Start the car, get the engine warm, follow the top radiator hose to the block. You will see a bleeder that is a number 10 wrench I believe. Crack it open very slowly and let out steam and air. Do this a couple of times and even take it fow a short drive and repeat. See if that helps. How about the intake question?

Bruce Hunt