91 DX STALLING

1991 Honda Civic

Ok 91 honda civic dx 220 engine(I think) fuel injected.
A couple weeks ago my car started running real rough and feels as if it is going to stall when at a stop. I've has to keep the gas on when I'm stopped. When I take off the car hesitates then all of the sudden it would take off. It was though something was blocking the fuel then that something moved and the fuel came gushing and I took off real fast.(Thank god for head rest). I check the oil and water every week, but the radiator was almost out of water as was the over fill. Oil was ok. I filled the radiator and the over fill hoping it would solve the problem but no it got worst.
Any suggestions on which way to go to figure out what the problem is? I just had the head gasket done, new water pump, O2 sensor, distributor, spark plugs and new wires, batterey and alternator, timing belt have just been replaced, seems to me there was something else but I can't remember. Thanks a bunch!
A Dude

A fuel supply test along with a fuel pressure test will be enough to tell you whether the engine is receiving fuel.
Let us know

Mathiaso
Hey Dude,

Now that you know the coolant is low or was, start watching for leaks. Get the engine warm and slowly crack open the bleeder on the upper radiator hose connection near the head. Open it and let the steam and air out. Slightly rev the engine and do it again. This should be done with the engine running. Repeat several times to ensure that all air is out of the system. Watch the coolant very closely.

Bruce Hunt
I have been looking for a leak from the radiator but
I see nothing, no water on ground, nothing. I had the mechanic who did all the work on it look at it and he couldn't find a leak either. I will go out now and do the bleeders hope that works. OK what are bleeders, what do they look like. I'm a girl.

A Dude
Water is disapppearing? Was the head pressure tested and surfaced when they did the gasket?
Could be a timing issue or even a miss caused by a tight valve. I would go back to where the work was done and explain it to them, give them a chance to make you happy.

Jack42
The work I had done was done about 2 months ago. I took it back at that time cuz water was leaking slowly from somewhere and the check engine light kept coming on. He couldn't figure out the leak and couldn't find the trouble code. I don't think I want to go back to him unless I know for sure it is something he did then I surely will make him fix it. Money doesn't grow on trees. The water disappearing is a recent problem, I don't know if it is related to the slow leak or if it has caused this problem. Thanks for your input I'll relay it to whoever I find to look at it for me. I don't have the tools to check the things you mentioned. I appreciate the help.

A Dude
Also have them check the water pump. If the head was done and the timing belt was retensioned it will take out the bearing in the water pump.

Jack42
I took it to a repair shop and they told me one of the
cylinders had a crack in it. Said the guy who did the
head gasket job didn't do a very good job. Does this mean that he should give me my $700.00+ back? On my reciept it has listed New Head Gasket $150, plus other items and also $100 for servicing the head. What the hell? The guy won't call me back either and I can't find him online listed with the BBB or to see if he even has a license. Not in the white pages either. BUTI WILL FIND HIM. Thanks very much for you help and answers now I need to go find cheap car to buy. Like I have money, this really sucks.

A Dude
Sorry bout that. Guys like that give the rest of us a bad rap.

Jack42
Next time ID them for their ASE/certificates. So much of partchangers huh! Good Luck! BTW let me know when you find him and I'll definately give him a bad name to live on.