CAR NOISE!

2003 Honda Civic

2003 Honda Civic

I have a 2003 honda civic, its small and it makes a loud noise everytime I go a little bit over 60 mph, and sometimes 50 mph! I don't know what to do!

my dad says its because it's a small car and the wind makes that noise! Haha I totally disagreee with him!

I'm worried that something is gonna happen to my car! Please help!
thank you!

Jenifer : )
Jenifer

What kind of noise is it? Buzzing? Moaning? Does it change when you turn the wheel? Brake? Etc. We need more information.

First thing that comes to mind would be a noisy windshield. But there are many possibilities.

F4I_guy
It makes a moaning/ beeping noise. When the noise is happening, and I let go of the gas pedal, the noise decreases. When I go over 60 mph the noise increases as I speed up and stays longer. Sometimes when I go exactly 80 mph the noise stops and comes back later. The noise is really on and off. The noise is coming from the front and I feel like its coming fromt the middle of the windshield/ radio area. Thank you for helping, if you need more information just tell me!

Jenifer : )

Jenifer
There is a distinct difference between moaning and beeping. If it is a small moaning then, yes it is just the vehicle. It's called " road noise", perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Beeping however. Well that is a different story. Are you sure it is beeping?

Bluelightnin6