TRANSMISSION?

2001 Honda Civic

Noises problem
2001 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 146000 miles

When driving my fiancés car, during initial accelerating I hear a series of clicks (1-3 clicks) and also does the same when I let off of the gas pedal. It does not make the noises when I am braking only when I depress the gas pedal and let off of it. Could this mean that the transmission internals are failing? What could it be in the transmission that would make the noise?
JesTerI3

Hi JesTerI3,

First of all you would have to verify where the noise is coming from, is it internal or external of the transmission?

Clicking noises during acceleration and deceleration would most likely be related to the drive trains such as axle shafts and the differential. Such noise would be rather hard knocking/clicking.

However if the noise is soft clicking, it could be from the suspension, such as tight balljoints or something is not correctly torqued.

Without a physical inspection and diagnosis, it is not possible to provide any sugestions as to the cause.