CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

2001 Honda Civic

2001 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 97500 miles

ok I was exiting off the highway. Stopped at the light began to go and all of a sudden I heard this sound. It wasnt a pop or grind but more of a light rev evil sound and I started to lose power. So I pulled over turned the car off. Popped the hood started to check everything I knew how to check and even slid under my car. Nothing looked wrong nothing was leaking and there werent any smells. So I started my car. Started right up and then began to drive in the parking lot. Everything was ok but then I noticed my 'engine light' on and a lower idle. Parked at a friends for a couple of hours. Started to leave, car started right up, my idle was back to its reg 1000 rpms. Drove home nothing felt/sounded different and still no smells. Engine light is still on. What could be wrong?
Mandisatso

Since engine light is still on it is best to retrieve the trouble code(s) that is stored. Most local auto part stores will do this for free. Post the codes here and I will follow up.

Bluelightnin6
Ill have to do it in the morning since there not open at this time.
Thanks soo much

Mandisatso
Ok I went to auto zone and they gave me code p1361.
But heres the odd thing. The engine light was on, on my way there. I took a corner and surely enough my engine light was magically gone.

Mandisatso
DTC P1361 CMP Sensor Itermittent Interruption

could be caused by a loose / worn timing belt or a failing camshaft position (CMP) sensor

Bluelightnin6
Is that cheap to replace?
Cuz it sounds like alot lol

Mandisatso
If it's timing belt then it will cost around $250 to remove and replace it with a new timing belt, including parts and labor.

Bluelightnin6