POWER LOCK WORK ONLY ON DRIVER SIDE

1998 Honda Civic

1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

The power locks on my '98 Honda Civic work only on the driver's side door, the remaining 3 doors dont show any response. What could be the problem?
Choco2000

Hi choco2000,

Check for a disconnected coupler at the door pillar.

It most probably is open circuit in power supply to the three doors which are linked.

Thanks for your reply, your answers sounds like the correct one. I checked it when I got a chance, the wires seem to be tight and intact. Since it's a big coupling with lot of wires and it's short in length it was really hard to check them in detail. Do you know a way to check couplings like this? Can you suggest a way to proceed once I have the couplings separated?

Choco2000
Hi choco2000,

Find the control unit first, I have forgotten if it is in the door panel or under dash.

If it is located in the door, check the output wires to the other doors for power when activating the central lock.

Note their color and trace them to where there might be any connectors and check tham again.

It is possible the wire is broken between the door and pillar as opening and closing the door over time could have broken them over time.

Thanks a lot. The control unit is in the door panel. I'll check it like you said and I'll let you know what happened. Thanks : )

Choco2000