HEAD GASKET REPLACE (NEW PROBLEM)

1998 Honda Civic

1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 225K miles

My upper radiator hose busted and I ended up blowing the head gasket and they had to put a refurbished head because my was cracked. When I picked the car up today the owner (who has done great work in the past) said it smoking right now. Keep an eye on it and swing it by in a few weeks to check how things are going. Well going down the highway I noticed smoke. It wasn't smoking before the radiator issue---but I had to keep an eye on the oil level. Is it burning more because of the head being better/fixed providing better compression or with the ring need to run for a while to re-seat?
Stevearenoo

What colour is the smoke? If it's blue you have a oil burning issue. If it's white and has a sweet smell it's coolant.

If it's coolant, it could be left-over coolant in the exhaust system just burning off from when the gasket was cracked.

F4I_guy
It is white and has a sweet smell. The guys that fixed it says I might have a cracked block. But wouldn't there be coolant on my dipstick vs. In my radioator?

How long would it take to burn off the coollant in the exhaust? I drove it 12 miles and it still smokes Heavy white smoke.

Thanks for your response!

Stevearenoo