CHECK ENGINE LIGHT - MAP SENSOR

1998 Honda Civic

1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 85,000 miles

Took my Civic in and they said I need a new MAP sensor. The check engine light had come on and it returned code P0108.

They also said I need a new " adapter harness, " which seems to be very expensive. Does anybody have any idea what this?
Oilw30

Hi oilw30,

Never heard of such a thing.

Get a throttle body assy from the scrap yard, it comes with the MAP and should not be expensive.

Honda MAP seldom fails, could be a wiring problem. Get a second opinion.

Hi,

Thanks. I took it to a second guy and he did a new diagnostic. He said it was the MAP sensor too and replaced it for about 1/5 the price that the dealer mechanic wanted. Hopefully that's the end of my troubles.

The car still seems to be wobbling a bit, like it's idling high, but I think it's done that for a while and it comes and goes.

Oilw30
Hi oilw30,

Irregular idling could be due to idle adjust not correct, insufficient coolant, clogged coolant hose to IAC and clogged IAC or throttle body.