AC FAN WILL NOT TURNS ON!

1997 Honda Civic

Air Conditioning problem
1997 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 107500 miles

I recently replace my AC compressor and all hoses. My problem is when I try to turn on AC, I noticed the AC Fan will not turn on at all. I remembered the last time it turns on, before I had the compressor installed. The compressor clutch engage normal.

In addition, what is an IAC? How do I adjust them?
Kn0222

Hi kn0222,

Did you test if the condenser fan motor is good? It could be coincidence that it just failed. If fan is working, check the fan relay.

IAC = Idle Air Control Valve. It is non adjustable. If it is dirty, some carb cleaner should be able to take care of it.

The idling speed can be adjusted by turning the idle adjust screw at top of throttle body, from air cleaner hose side.

I've checked all the relay, everything seem fine. How do you check the condenser fan motor? How to test if it is working or fail? Also, could it be the AC thermostat?

Kn0222
If the compressor is working, the condenser fan should work and nothing wrong with AC thermostat.

If compressor is not working, then could be a fault with the AC thermostat or switch.

To test if fan is bad, disconnect the connector and apply direct battery voltage to fan terminals and ground respectively.

Relays for AC are near condenser, how did you check? Did you test for power supply and output?

I didn't really test the relay. I switch it with the new one. Do you think Autozone will test this kind of things if I bring the car to them?

Kn0222
I am not sure if Autozone performs testing of fan motors but there is no harm asking.

Can you confirm if the compressor is working? If yes, give the fan motor some knocking and if fan works, the motor is bad.

I just did some test to the AC fan by directly connected to the battery, the Fan will not even run at all. Could it be a bad AC Fan?

Kn0222
I
if the fan does not run with battry voltage applied, the fan motor is bad.

If the Blower Motor Resistor doesn't function properly, will this affect the AC Fan not turning on? Or how can we tell if the Blower Motor Resistor failed?

Kn0222
If the blower resistor is bad, the blower motor would normally work in the highest speed mode and not other modes.

It has nothing to do with the condenser fan.

Which is not working now, blower motor or AC condenser fan?

The condenser fan is not working, I thought I ask before I start to replace parts. Thank you.

Kn0222