WOULD THE ALTERNATOR CAUSE THIS?

1996 Honda Civic

1996 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100k+ miles

I have a 96 civic and the fuse for the alternator/speed sensor keeps blowing out when I start the car. It started off every once in a while, but now, it's happening every time I start it. When I brought it in for a NYS inspection, the speed sensor and both O2 sensors failed. I understand the speed sensor part due to the fuse being just blown out when they started it, but the O2 part was a surprise because I had just replaced both less than a month earlier. So my 2 questions are: 1. What would be causing that fuse to blow? And 2. Would that blown fuse(or the cause of it) be causing other sensors or the computer to be acting up?
96civicguy

Hi 96civicguy,

To confirm if the alternator is causing the fuse to blow, disconnect the alternator 4 pin wire connectors and start engine. If fuse does not blow, reconnect wireharness and test again.

If you had not used OEM O2 sensors, there is a possibility they would fail.

However you should rectify the fuse problem first as it might be related to something that can cause the O2 sensors to fail.