PISTON RINGS RUSTED TO CYLINDER????

1996 Honda Civic

1996 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115k miles

I took the cylinder head off and had it reconditioned. Before the engine was turning fine, to do compression check and to bring to tdc. The cylinder head was gone for a week or so. I just put it back in and new timing belt. The crankshaft pulley wont budge. Took the timing belt off and tied to turn the engine with a wrench but it wont budge. The #1 cylinder is at tdc and all four valves are fully closed other three cylinders are in lower position so there is no piston hitting valve situation. I am thinking
when the cylinder head was off my son probobly left hood up in rain and pistons got wet. He says he dried them but. If the compressin ring rusted to the piston how can I koosen it without breaking? Is there a remedy or any other advice? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Zamangil

Try putting gasoline, diesel or penetrating fluid into the cylinders. Let it sit for a day or so. Then slowly try cranking it over (make sure to crank it counter clockwise).

Once the hit is on, make sure you flush all the fluid out before starting it up.

F4I_guy
Do I need to pull the cylinder head off to put solvents and to flush it? If so can the same new head gasket that is already torqued be used again?

Zamangil
You can put the solvent in through the spark plug holes. Try rocking the crankshaft to and fro and work it up from there.

Try without removing the head, should work.

Once it starts moving, it should be easier.