SMELLS LIKE ROTTEN EGGS!

1992 Honda Civic

Smells problem
1992 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 282000 miles

I have a Honda Civic 92 LX 1.5L 4door. It has 282000km. The car smells like rotten eggs here and there(not all the time)mostly when I stop(either to a light or destination). But I recently changed the catalytic converter due to rust. So I was thinking about maybe a oxygen sensor? The exhaust manifold has a really small leak caused by the gasket. The mechanic told me not to worry about the leak for now. I dont have any rpm but at idle the car seems to lope a bit. Like lets say it goes down from 1000 to 800. At intervals of 10 to 20 seconds. Im just not sure what cause the engine lope and the rotten eggs smell. Maybe the engine lope was there before and I didnt realize it since its really small.
Kc24

A rich fuel mixture will often produce a " rotten egg" odor in the exhaust (the smell is hydrogen sulfide). Underlying problems may include an engine management system that is not going into closed loop (check the coolant and oxygen sensors, or for a thermostat stick in the open position), plugged PCV valve, or excessive fuel pressure (bad fuel regulator). High CO levels in the exhaust can also be caused by an inoperative air pump system.

By coolant you mean the radiator? It was changed a couple of months ago. I thought about the oxygen sensor but my check engine light is not on.

Kc24
About the coolant I meant the coolant temperature sensor not switching to closed loop causing it to run rich