CV BOOT AND BRAKING NOISES

1992 Honda Civic

Noises problem
1992 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I recently had a cv boot and joint replaced on the left side of my car and this had cured the knocking that was happening while turning. I was hoping this would fix all of the noises going on, but that is not the case. I am not sure if this is a brake problem or a rack and pinion problem or something else entirely. When I am driving, about 70% of the time I get a whistle noise that seems to be coming from the front tire area. It is always there when I drive and increases while I brake. I have had a grinding noise a couple times while breaking which sounds like old pads to me. But I also noticed that both rack and pinion boots on the front are broken. I am also getting a humming noise while I drive. So I have a whistle noise that comes and goes but gets worse while breaking, and I also now have a louder humming noise that only goes away while I am stopped. What could possibly be the problem here?
Orfity

Sounds like 2 seperate problems, the whistling is probably a wear sensor on your pads, so it's time for a brake inspection, the humming noise can be a front hub bearing needs replacing.

Merlin2021
How much does this service cost to have done and how would I be able to know if that is what is needed? Is there anything I need to worry about with the boots over the rack and pinion being completely shredded?

Orfity
As for the dust boots on the rack, replace them, road dirt getting in there will destroy the seals on the rack. Drive the car until you hear the humming, then bounce the wheel quicly left and then center, then right, does the noise lessen or go away? If so the bearing on the side opposite the turn is bad. As for the brakes, get a free estimate at Midas and Mieneke, and compare the two for accuracy(same diagnosis).

Merlin2021