01 VIBRATION

2001 Honda Civic

2001 Honda Civic EX, VTEC 1.7L, 5 spd, 132,000 miles. When I drive between 55 -70 mph, I get a vibrating sound of " rump, rump, rump, etc" in the front suspension. The vibration is coming from the front of the car to the rear. The faster I drive the more constant it gets. I already replaced the right front wheel bearing, all bushings in the lower control arms and stabilizer bar(Dealer parts). I also replaced all four rims and tires with aftermarket - stock size, - still the same sound.
Then a rebuilt both axles, they had no core so they rebuilt mine. Someone told me that my inner CV joints could be out of balance. If they rebuilt both my axles, would they have fixed the inner joints? -Because I still have the same vibration.
Please HELP, I am desperate, Should I get different axles or is there anything else. Thanks - Andy
Drew750cc

Here are a couple of things to look at: If you get up to the speed you are talking about and the vib is ocurring, let of the accel and push in the clutch. Is the vib still there? You should by doing this eliminate the engine and tranny if the sound is still there.

It could possibly be the throwout bearing

It could be a motor mount as well.

Does the sound resemble something rotating or vibrating against something else?

Bruce Hunt
Sorry, forgot to mention, when I push in the clutch the sound is still there. I replaced the tranny with a used one from LKG Hunts Point Auto Salvage, it currently has approx. 83,000 miles. I replaced the clutch at 92,000 miles due to a defect (Dealer Parts). HELP!

Drew750cc
OK, the throwout bearing is still in the running and the vehicle now has 40000 miles on the clutch and bearing.

Is it rotational sound or vibration?

Bruce Hunt
Sorry, hard to say, maybe a rotational but dont quote me. Any ideas on both? Thanks so far! -Andy

Drew750cc
Have you considered that the heat shields on the exhaust are notorious rattlers as well? They can cause sounds and vibrations that make you think a tranny is going.

Bruce Hunt
Its and in and out sign like a rotating vibtration. I just called my mechanic, he changed the left axle but the sound was the same so he returned it and put my other rebuilt in. He said the tires aren't running true but I think the problem isn't that. The car had on three sets of rims and tires and its all the same. I can't believe no body could find it. What a piece of Sh*t. The money or the donation isnt a problem as long as I can get this car to run. -Andy

Drew750cc
I doubt a CV is going to give you this problem, but are you sure the wheel bearings are good? Has the mechanic tried running the vehicle in the air to see if he can get the noise to manifest itself?

Bruce Hunt