NOISE AND VIBRATION IN - SE - TIMING BELT

2000 Honda Accord

Hi,

I got the timing belt of my 2000 Honda Accord SE replaced last week, the mileage is 90,500.
The repair shop replaced the timing belt as well as the water pump, transmission fluid.

When I start the car it makes noise and there is vibration which can be felt on the sterring as well as on the feet.

When driving it feels like the car has to catch up speed but something is stopping it, as soon the speed crosses 40MPh it becomes a bit less noisy and vibration is also less. But from 0 MPH to 40 MPH it makes noise as a race car and vibartion on sterring.

I have been driving this car for the past 3 years and have never aced such a problem it has been smooth always without any vibration or this newly added extra " sound"

After informing the repair shop of the issue, they say that if the timing belt was not put on correctly the engine would shake, which was not happening when they showed me.

Could you please help me undestand why the car is making so much noise all of a sudden n why is this vibartion there.

Appreacite your help.

Regards!
VK

First of all the fact that the shaking only started after they worked on the car should easily point the finger to them. They are boldly trying to say they make no mistakes. The belt could be loose and they may not have gotten the idle pulley on the belt adjusted right. I am wondering if they even got the timing belt on correctly so the timing is right. Talk to them and tell them if they don't fix it, you will take it to the Honda shop, have it fixed and bill them for the charges.

Bruce Hunt
Thank you so much for your reply!

I will take my car again to the repair shop and ask them to repair it as suggested.

I will also update you as soon as they have worked on my car or if I have to get the problem rectified at Honda and bill them.

Once again appreciate all your help in this regards.

Regards!

VK