LOUD BUZZING NOISE...

Honda Accord

Hi,

I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 with 77000+ miles on it. Since October it has been making this LOUD buzzing noise when I drive. The faster I go, the louder it gets.

People who sit in the back say they can hear it louder back there.

I've had people stand outside and listen while I take off but they say they can't hear anything.

So I'm thinking that it's not the exhaust. Espeically since when the car is in park and is running, it purrs like a kitten. But as soon as I take off, the buzzing starts.

And I just noticed recently that when I bear right or make right turns, the noise stops until I start going straight again.

Any ideas? I'm trying to figure out if this is something covered under my Honda Care warranty but I don't want to pay the dealership $90 for a diagnosis.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Honey

Can you be more especific in the sound?

Like metal rubbing.
Air?
Rubber?

Could be a tire. Brakes.

Even a plastic bag trapped under your car! : Lol: (that happened to me!)

Fisherman
It sounds like what a car would sound like when it needs a muffler, but not as loud.

I" m not sure if a bag could be stuck under there for 5 months. : Lol:

Honey
It could be the muffler vibration against the frame,
or a hole somwhere on the muffler pipe.

Fisherman
Hmmm, Thanks for the feedback!

Honey
Any time! : )

Let us Know what was your problem.

Fisherman
Was cleaning out my inbox and came across the link to this message board.

I got my car fixed a couple months ago. It was my ball bearings. And it was covered under warranty. : D

Honey