97 ENGINE SEIZE AND BAD TRANSMISSION

1997 Honda Accord

I admit I ran this car into the ground. Now the car will not start at all and is sitting there collecting dust. My boyfriend is interested in buying a new engine and transmission. We spent about $22,000. (We got a crap deal from dealership) But I feel that spending another possible 2 grand + on the car is a bad idea. There are numerous dents and scratches and cracked windshield. Also what exactly cause the engine to seize? : Roll:
Karmagwen

Engines generally seize from a lack of liquid. In general, the one of the two major fluids was absent. So, actually what causes an engine to seize is really a presence of too much heat and friction. The lack of one or both of these fluids causes heat and friction. You must watch the fluids very closely.

Your decision on the engine and tranny. Still probably cheaper than buying a new one or some used ones as well.

Bruce Hunt