93 EX OIL ON TOP OF SPARK PLUGS

1993 Honda Accord

Hi everyone,

I have a 93 Honda Accord 280K miles and still running strong. In the last three months I replaced the valves cover gasket and the rubber grommets 2 times and I still see oil on the top of 3 spark plugs. The oil is not coming from inside the cylinder. Is there another way for oil to leak?

Thanks,
Marius
Mariudan

I have a 1993 civic with 266 000. Changed top gasket and grommets four times, kept leaking. Thought I was doing it wrong. Always get a little oil in plug holes. Seems like they'd only get so full. Never fills to top or anything. Took it to the garage, the mechanic took one look at the miles and said " you got your money worth, close the hood and drive it like you've stolen it" guess it's not that big of a deal. Just a little oil coming from around the grommets, engine just cant seal like it use to.

Jessie12344
Once they start to make so much blow-by it really becomes difficult to seal the engine. Check the PCV valve and breathe hoses. Try doing the gasket again, clean all surfaces with brake parts cleaner, use a very thin film of silicone (automotive grade) on all sealing surfaces. Let it dry for a few hours before you run the engine

Jack42