93 BAD FUEL ECONOMY

1993 Honda Accord

My daughter bought a 93 Accord with 23000 original miles, yes 23000. It's been sitting in a garage for quit a while with very little use. I cleaned the thottle throat, put a quality fuel injector cleaner in the gas and got the lifters ungunked. The idel has smoothed out and seems to run better as she drives it more. I heard what seems to be an exhaust leak in the engine compartment but it has susided.
It runs very well except it's only getting 10 miles/gallon!

Any suggestions?
Locksley2k

The best thing to do is give even the mileage time to even out as the idle is. That old gas is what you need to work out of the system. I would replace the fuel filter and make a check of the air filter as well. And just to be sure after the mothball event I would give it a new set of plugs and wires. Not to dampen things a lot but given the age and lack of use it might be time to check the belts. If there is any cracking on the exterior belts, then you can be certain that the timing belt will have as well.

Low mileage, nice find!

Bruce Hunt