91 AUTOMATIC SHOULDER STRAPS

1991 Honda Accord

I just purchased a 91 honda accord ex with a 142,000 miles on it it has a 4 cyclinder motor in it. The problem i'm having is the left side automatic shoulder strap (seatbelt) in the doorframe just quit working ive check the fuses none are blown and the strap is in the foward position. I can force the stap toward the rear of the door and when I open the door it will return to foward position automaticly no problem but it will not sense when to be at the rear of door in other words it will not apply the shoulder strap as it was designed to do. Is there a sensor I should check or what can I do I tried using some spray lube on the track think it might be gummed up but no effect. It seems to me like maybe there is a switch not telling it that it needs to close and if so where is the switch or relay that operates this shoulderstrap
Bigvern1966

Two things I would do. First I would find the fuse for the seat belt and I can't remember if there was something related to that under the hood at that fuse box. Then if that does not offer a cure I would check the door switch and even swap with another if possible.

Bruce Hunt