TICKING SOUND

2005 Honda Accord

Brakes problem
2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 59,000 miles

I have a 2005 Honda Accord LX, 4cy, auto. Front Disc Brakes / Rear Drum, 59,000 miles. I took her in and had the front disc brakes replaced (pad, etc.) While there the rear drums were turned (ground.) Immediately afterward a knocking sound developed on or near the rear passenger wheel. The noise only occurs when the brake pedal is pressed. The sound is similiar to a " clacking" or " clicking.&Quot; The faster the speed when the brake are applied the faster the sound. The rear brakes shoes where replaced with new, the drum reground (both sides.) Swapped sides on the drums and wheel bearings (different times) NO CHANGE. Checked all the struts, bolts, etc. Wheel Cylinders and brake springs check out. Everything is tight and wear marks are not apparent in the drum or around the strut connections. So far I and two mechanics have over 10 hours chasing this demon. HELP!
Frankrentef

Raise rear end, put on stands. Grasp tire and push/pull both horizontally and vertically, if any movement then bearing/control arm/control arm bushings.

If OK, then rear brakes, either the drums are out of round, they were installed improperly or the incorrect parts were used/backing plate is loose.

Remove drum, if new hardware kit was not used, buy one and start over. If click persists, replace drums.

Mmprince4000
Thank you for the reponse and list of items to check / test.

Additional question if I may. I understand about the test for the bushings but how can a drum be installed improperly? Not saying it can't be, just trying to wrap my lack of experience around how to " properly" install the drum.

I'm going to temporaily rule out the brake shoes since the noise occurs on the factory shoes (worn about half, still plenty of material on the shoe) and the new shoes (verified new part.) Also if the drums have been swapped and the noise still exhibited itself on the same side could I safely rule out the drum?

Frankrentef
I was saying that the drum (even though they turned it) may be out of round.

Here's what we know: You took car in for brake job, they turned rear brake drums, after repair you hear noise in rear.
It logically follows that the shop did something wrong.

Mmprince4000
I agree, appreciate the help. Back to the shop!

Frankrentef