THERMOSTAT?

2003 Honda Accord

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 157000 miles

I have a 2003 Honda Accord 3.0 V-6 sedan I recently purchased. I love it but recently when driving it the temp started to creep up I pull off the freeway and parked. I opened the hood and didn't see any leaking coolant, in addition I checked under the car, nothing. The car was still running at this time and I had turned off the A/C, at this time I turned it back on, and the car went back to normal temp. Ok I thought that the theromostat had gotten stuck so I continued on my way and nothing; then it happened again a few weeks later while waiting in the drive-thru line. I turned on the A/C and the temp went back to normal again. I'm thinking of replacing the thermostat but before I do I'm wondering if it could be something else.
Thank you.
Thebabyfox

Hi thebabyfox and TY for the donation

Is it boiling over? If not

Check and test the thermostat also check coolant level if okay test the coolant temperature sensor then get back with some results

Tested the thermostat in a pot of boiling water (my Mom showed me how) and it opens so that seems alright. The coolant is boiling over therefore I'm having to add coolant whenever the vehicle overheats. Thing drives me nuts, I can drive over a 1000 miles in one day and nothing but the next day I can be sitting in drive-thru and it over heats. I have not replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor, but I'm not familar as to where it is.
Thank you!

Thebabyfox