CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

2003 Honda Accord

Computer problem
2003 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

After replacing the timing belt, and assuming the crankshaft position sensor was not disturbed, is it necessary to perform the " CKP Pattern Clear/CKP Pattern Learn" procedure?

The Haynes manual does not mention the CKP procedure in the section on timing belt replacement, but instead refers to the battery reconnection procedure, which may include resetting the radio, power window control and PCM idle. However, both ALLDATAdiy and AutoZone mention the CKP procedure. So, I'm confused by two different answers.

If the CKP procedure is required, is there a scan tool available for the do-it-yourselfer that can handle this?

KenD52

Hi
Yes reset proceedure is recomended by Honda. The scan tool needed is quite expensive. So need to have a Tech do this operation.
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
Thanks for the reply.

I plan on replacing the timing belt myself. Once I do that will the engine be harmed by driving the car to the dealer to get the CKP reset?

KenD52
No should not cause a problem may not run a peak thenj again have seen them run fine. Usually when T belt breaks that when relearn is needed

Docfixit