A/C PROBLEM AFTER CHANGE OF DRIVE BELT

2003 Honda Accord

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My a/c comes up fine and cools but when it goes off it does not come back on on time until the it gets warm inside. But much later it will come up again and will be cooling fine and later the situaion repeats itself. I notice the problem when I changed the drive belt and later discovered that it wasn't the right one. Did the wrong drive belt caused the problem or what is the problem and possible solution.
Inkdai

Hi inkdai,

When the AC starts to blow hot, check if the compressor is working and if not, check if there is power going to it. Are the fans working during this time?

I notice that when the AC goes off the fans will still be blowing but the compressor will not be engaged. When troubleshooting, I disconnected the supply from the compressor clutch relay, connected the compressor directly to a 12V supply form the battery for some about 15mins (switched the AC on from the audio console), removed the supply and connected it back again the compressor clutch did not engage but the fans were still blowing. After a while, when I connected the supply again the clutch engaged the compressor and it was blowing cool air again. Could it be the clutch field coil is faulty.

Inkdai
Seems to indicate a weak or faulty compressor clutch coil.

Coil resistance should be between 3.9 and 4.3 ohms at 20 degrees Celcius.

Thanks man. I will check it out and get back to you ASAP.

Inkdai
Thanks aloooooot! It really worked. I replaced the weak /fault coil with a confirmed good one and my AC as been working like ever before. I really appreciate your time man.

Inkdai
Glad to be of service.

Have a nice day.