EMISSION INDICATOR LIGHT

2002 Honda Accord

2002 Honda Accord 6 cyl 101000 miles

I own a 2002 Honda Accord with 101,000 miles. While I was driving down the highway the other day I noticed the D (Drive) was flashing and the emission indicator light was on. I immediately pulled over and turned off the car and restarted it. The D was no longer flashing however the emission indicator lamp is still on. I have read on other websites that this may be a sign of a faulty transmission. I plan on taking my car in very soon but I'm just looking for some insight on what the problem might be.
Luvmeko

The first thing to do is to go to either Autozone or Checker O'Reilly and have them scan the computer. Get back with the code(s) and we'll go from there.

Zackman
The code is a generic one I'm afraid P0700 and then it says 45-01 shift malfunction.

Luvmeko
Yes, you need to take it in. P0700 can be anything, from the transmission control module to shift solenoid.

Zackman