CABIN AIR FILTER

2001 Honda Accord

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 95000 miles

about 30000 miles ago I removed glove box and a number of different plastic cabin parts it seemed unbeliveable difficult to eventually replace a two part cabin air filter. I also mistakinly failed to snap one of the cabin parts back to gather correctly and it developed a crack and discoloration after a few days and I became knowing. I took it back apart and discovered and corrected the situation but the miscue is still visible and bothers my self esteem. Is there an easier way to replace the cabin air filter. Your service instruction sounds much simpler. It is due for changing Honda maintennace recomends every 10000 miles. It is hard for me to believe Honda would make a service item so difficult to deal with.

Stan Opie

Pull the side taps that holds the clove box when open
let the box fold down
left corner of the cabin filter cover has a tap locking it
once it out pull the first filter tray then slide the 2nd tray to the left and then pull it out
top 10 min
Pay attention to the air flow arrows
good luck

BMRFIXIT