TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS AFTER A NEW MECHANI

2000 Honda Accord

2000 Honda Accord 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I took my honda to a new mechanic to get a new battery and replace a motor mount. The car was runing great. He did the work and a final test drive. He said everthing was fixed and I paid him.

When I drove the car home it starting shifting roughly between 1st and 2nd gear when I quicly excellerated.

I took it back to the new mechanic the next day. He drove the car and said I needed a new transmission. He did not even look at my transmission fluid.

In addition, my cruise control quit workingl. Is it possible the mechanic somehow missed up my car? What do I need to do to fix the car. This seems like much more than a coincidence.
Kimknight

Hi kimknight,

Thank you for the donation.

Whie replacing the motor mount, some wires could have been damaged or disconnected and not reconnected.

Quite likely the mechanic has messed up the engine. I would suggest getting a second opinion.

Get a free scan done at Autozone to retrieve for trouble codes and let me know the exact trouble codes if any found.

Is the Check Engine Light indicating?

In the meantime, drive gently to prevent damaging the transmission.